Search This Blog

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thunderbird, “Send To/Mail Recipient” not working

Recently I went to try and send a picture to a friend by using the right click context menu.

image

On clicking the Mail recipient I got the dialog box offering if I wanted to resize the image for sending,

image 

but after selecting my choice I was met with the following message.

image

Now I followed the instruction to reset the defaults, however that made no difference. However I did find a solution and its a string value called DLLPath in the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Mozilla Thunderbird\

When I looked at this value in my registry it was blank. To fix I had to specify the path to the MAPI dll that comes with Thunderbird. The dll is called mozMapi32.dll and it is found (usually) in the root of the Thunderbird installation directory, in my case this was

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\

Once I had specified the full path to the DLL C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\mozMapi32.dll in the DLLPath string value I was able to send via the right click context menu from Windows explorer.

Looking back I cannot say whether this was working before and stopped, or whether it just has not been working at all within Windows 7 and Thunderbird. It may just be this was the first time I had tried to use it since installing Windows 7 or it may have been an update to thunderbird.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment