Search This Blog

Monday, May 09, 2011

Dell Remote Access Controller (DRAC) and IE: “The XML page cannot be displayed”

I recently had issue connecting to my DRAC 5 controllers from Internet Explorer 9 (IE9).

The problem manifested itself as the above error message, and in some cases only the IP address and Port were displayed on the web page.

After searching the internet it appears that various people have had this issue since IE7.

The fix was pretty simple, but I must warn you it means resetting IE back to its default settings, so I have no idea what impact this will have if you have customised the IE config.

In IE9 internet options goto the advanced tab and press reset in the “Reset Internet Explorer Settings” section.

This stage was not necessary but I thought I would just try and take it back to a clea state.

I also cleared out the temporary internet files and objects. In addition I deleted all history, cookies etc….


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment