Search This Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sapphire HD7850–Intermittent Audio Drop Out

Back in June 2012 I created a Home Theatre PC, i was really happy with the setup except that when I ran the audio through the HDMI to the receiver, I had intermittent sound dropouts. Now the dropouts were literally for a second, but it was random and is really annoying.

I tried a number of things, but nothing worked. Anyway I put up with issue for a while, I had other things going on and assumed that etiher Sapphire, AMD or Onkyo (receiver) would fix the issue.

So after 6 months, I have now found a solution. It was in a thread on the issue I was having.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Video\{XXXX...}\0000
( 'XXXX' means device number. There are several device number folder and u should find 'AdapterDesc' in 0000 folder which key value is 'amd radeon HD 7XXX Series'. )
At that '0000' folder, Change 'PP_SclkDeepSleepDisable REG_DWORD' value 0 to 1.

I rebooted, and touch wood the problem has gone.

References are here

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=13d1bbb978d7106ac1b27ca8efa9374d&p=7337754#post7337754

There was another solution that seemed to work, but needed to be done after each reboot. The above registry entry should work all the time.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1295464/intermittent-hdmi-audio-output-on-7970-12-8-drivers


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment